Monday, August 30, 2010

Baked Garlic Fries

I don't really read magazines, but apparently my foodie-ism has gotten so bad that a promise for a recipe for garlic fries on a cover can delay my getting in the shower, even if I'm really sweaty. In reality, maybe it's silly to even be taking the shower before making these, because having the oven on 450 has a way of necessitating another shower....


So despite heating things up, these couldn't be easier. I made them once with minced fresh garlic, but found that using garlic powder worked better as it could spread the garlic flavor around more completely. You can cut them in any shape; I used thick matchsticks, which were also fun because they were a novelty and left room for lots of chewy potato on the inside. Then you toss them with a tablespoon or two (don't measure) of olive oil, and salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste before spreading on a greased cookie sheet and baking at 400 or 450 F until you can't wait any longer (by this I mean watch them; because smaller potatoes take less time to cook, and the last thing you want is burned potatoes).

No comments:

Post a Comment