Saturday, July 3, 2010

Quesadilla Adventure


One of the things I always say I love about cooking is the creativity involved/required, and now I'm officially adding the adventure factor. Today, I had an adventure. I am being grateful it was not only edible but delicious (sometimes adventures can be of the exploding variety...); I am being grateful that the sun's fury can't touch the cool breeze floating in the window; I am being grateful that the cheese, whose fault this whole thing is anyway, can make anything taste good; I'm being grateful for the corn I got to dig out of the cob with my teeth.


Today's adventure was an attempt to make a quesadilla with slightly crunchy tortillas, and I decided this would be be done in a greased frying pan (So it was basically this but with scallions and much messier). What I didn't count on was that the cheese needs to be close to the heat (not in a layer on top as shown above) or it won't melt and won't hold the whole thing together. Admittedly, there was probably not enough cheese together, but it wasn't noticeable by the end because none of the ingredients were evenly distributed by the end anyway.

not quite as easy as flipping pancakes...

Still delicious, but we'll stick with the micronde for now.

What was your biggest cooking adventure? Any you'd repeat?

No comments:

Post a Comment